Monday, January 24, 2011

Settling In.

Everything has a give and take. I stay home and resent home. I leave home and miss home. It's not that I don't enjoy where I am - everything has a balance. We can only hope to find the middle. Don't expect it to just happen, it won't. Years make experiences; experiences enhance growth. Without growth, what do we have to learn?....Or yearn? And dream to one day make possible. If it fails, so be it. Would I be any different off then I was before?


I stare down a path covered in powdery snow. A trail to walk in the morning, undiscovered, un-tread, new....to me. Other's footprints pave the way, but my footprints have yet to make an impression. Everyday I'll walk a little farther, on my own. Of course I miss the company of those I have grown so close to. But do I regret taking this walk? Not in the slightest. Half of life is living with others. The other half is living with yourself. 



This post is inspired by...well you know who you are :)

Happy Living,
Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment